Saturday, September 26, 2009

I'm creating some cards to show at my upcoming Open House for Stampin' Up! and I'm just so excited to show this card I made tonight. I took some inspiration from Marie over at http://stampinginspiration.blogspot.com/. For my Open House next Saturday my guests will be making a matchbook card to hold M&M's, but I also wanted to do something different to show so after searching hours on Split Coast I gave up and decided to use what I saw from Marie's blog and add my own spin on it, I tried to use her measurements a little bit but our card sizes are just slightly different, but not by much. It's a coffin matchbook to hold a piece of the Jolly Rancher hard candies. I have not seen this on any of the blogs or on Splitcoast so if anyone out there has already done this, just let me know. Hopefully I actually came up with something new and will inspire others.


Supplies
Cardstock: Basic Black, Old Olive
Ink: Old Olive, Craft Whisper White, Basic Black
Ribbon: Pumpkin Pie
Details: Sponged Whisper White around his hair just to make Frank stand out a little bit more. Sponged Old Olive around the rest of his face. Used Basic Black Stampin' Write marker to draw his face. Matchbook is 3x81/2, scored at 1 inch and 5 inch.
.
I just ordered Batty for You, it should arrive on Tuesday, I can't wait to use those stamps on the M&M cards.











No comments:

Post a Comment